Hand Painted Wallpapers

Interior designers who have clients with big budgets may know of a few hand-painted wallpaper manufacturers, such as Gracie, Paul Montgomery and deGournay.  While definitely not cheap, these beautifully crafted wallpapers bring an elegance and refinement to any space that it inhabits.  I particularly like the application in an entranceway and dining room, but as you will see from the following pictures, anywhere is nice.

image

This collection is from deGournay.  The panels above the fireplace are my favorite of this grouping.  They add so much character to the space.

 image

More from deGournay.  The sepia tones of the panels with the elephant draws my eye.  I like that they placed this in a bathroom.

image

Even closet doors get a special treatment from deGournay here.

image

Available in almost every color palette, deGournay does not disappoint.

image

More deGournay…. The muted tones of the middle scene have such a rich and classical quality about them.

 

image

Paul Montgomery's Chinoiserie Collection, Hemmerling

image

Paul Montgomery's Chinoiserie Collection, Rose

image

Paul Montgomery's European Panoramic Collection

image

Gracie hand-painted Chinese scenic panel

image

Gracie hand-painted Chinese scenic panel

image

Gracie hand-painted Chinese silver leaf panel

 

All very beautiful!  My current house does not lend itself to this type of wallpaper panel, but if I had a classically structured house, you can bet I would have one of these panels on my wish list for my dining room.

Thanks for viewing this week and I hope you have an incredible week!

 

"Strength is not measured by how tightly you hold on to something,
but by how well you let it go."
- Author Unknown